Search This Blog

My secret existence that's not so hush-hush anymore.



This is a collection of my thoughts, writings, musings,

and a place to collect my various blog projects into one place. (SEE the list of my other blogs on right side-bar).

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Freedom of the cheeks / La Liberté de la Fesse

"The Freedom of the Cheeks" is a grass roots movement which
grew from some students within the French university,  Sciences
Politiques at Lille. It is based on a simple principle: to pose in front
of the most beautiful landscapes in the world or the most
symbolic places and in the same position. This position became
our trademark."

So says this website in its English translation:
http://www.libertedelafesse.org/presentation_eng.php

  Above are a few photographs of a short series that illustrate
their point (or points) that were distributed on the Yahoo group: YMNA2
 --------------------------------------

The webmaster of the  La Liberte de la Fesse (site) commented (as Concours) on  my blog entry on Kelly's Second Life

  This is a response to his comment and request:
 Sorry that I'm using an English-only PC just now. Besides, it takes me too long to write in French (especially 'correctement' ).

http://sunbuns.blogspot.com/2010/02/pour-la-liberte-de-la-fesse-grass-roots.html#comments

I don't know if you were joking but I did make a few changes in your 'English' in my own posting:

"The Freedom of the Cheeks" (Butts) is a grass roots movement which
grew from some students within the French university,  Sciences
Politiques at Lille. It is based on a simple principle: to pose in front
of the most beautiful landscapes in the world or the most
symbolic places and in the same position. This position became
our trademark."

  I could probably do some more 'suggestions' for improving the translation.. but not right now.

I did not mean for it to be insulting, it's a pretty good translation of the French on your group's website.
 Those words ('less-than-perfect') belonged to the person who sent me the original link (Atitlan). You should know that no translation can ever be really 'perfect', anyway.
 
How in the world could anyone attempt to 'perfectly' translate J.P. Sartre's quote? (although I'm sure someone has tried to do so).

I also have a suggestion about publishing your book of photographs. 
Perhaps you could try to do your own publication?  (self-publishing).

There are some websites for companies/services that allow people to publish (make a printed book) out of their own photographs and blogs.   The price is not too unreasonable and there is evidently a discount for printing many copies.

Here are few links to such sites:

www.blurb.com

www.webook.com

www.tikatok.com

www.lulu.com

I have not actually used any of them, but it may be something you could investigate. Also, there may be similiar sites / companies in Europe (e.g. France).

Cheers,

Kelly  sunbuns    / sunbunz        The Gay Blogger

No comments: